Mathematical Plays by Winfried Just
These presentations are written, entirely or in part, as dialogues. They are intended as edutainment.
- Basics of Game Theory: A Playful Introduction. A cartoon jointly created with John Amato and Jody Monk. You may need to click on "Restart" and then on the forward arrow in the lower right corner of the title page to watch the play.
- Mathotopia: An old fairy tale, retold in mathematical words. Math Club, Ohio University, Athens, OH, March 27, 2019.
- Games and Germs: A Playful Introduction. Undergraduate Mathematics Seminar, Ohio University, Athens, OH, September 6, 2018.
- Should I get a flu shot?
How well did this go last year? 11th European Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical Biology (ECMTB 2018), Lisboa, Portugal, July 25, 2018 (joint presentation with David Gerberry on joint work of the presenters with Ying Xin).
- Transmission of infections on contact networks I: An introduction. Invited short course given at 2nd Portuguese Meeting in Biomathematics, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal, July 19, 2018 (joint presentation with
Daniel Figueiredo, Olena Kostylenko, and Ana Paiao).
- Why are biological systems so messy, and how can mathematicians cope? Frontiers of Mathematical Biology: Modeling, Computation, and Analysis. Orlando, Florida, May 3, 2018.
- Vaccination Strategies for Small Worlds. International Symposium on Biomathematics and
Ecology Education and Research (BEER), Charleston, SC, October 15, 2016 (joint work with
H. Callender Highlander).
- Alice in Weatherland: A Breezy Trajectory through some Cool Topics in Dynamical Systems. Math Club, Ohio University, Athens, OH, September 26, 2016.
- Marvin and Marilyn go on a Diet. A Lecture on Linear Combinations and Gaussian Elimination from my Applied Linear Algebra course, Athens, OH, February 8, 2016.
- Spread of Contagions: Diseases, Rumors and Mathematical Models. Invited public lecture, Science Cafe, Ohio University, Athens, OH, January 20, 2016.
© Winfried Just. Last modified
November 26, 2019.